If you own an Apple Watch, you may be wondering how to update Apple Watch. The good news is that there are several benefits to updating your Apple Watch.
First, by keeping your Watch up-to-date, you can ensure that you have the latest features and bug fixes. Second, updating your Watch can help improve its performance and battery life. Finally, updating it can help you stay connected even when your iPhone is not nearby if you have an Apple Watch with cellular.
How to Update Your Apple Watch Automatically
1. Tap Update Tonight if you get an update notification from Apple Watch. Then confirm the action on your iPhone.
2. Keep your iPhone and Apple Watch close together overnight to ensure that the update is complete. Both devices must be connected to WiFi.
How to Update Your Apple Watch Manually
Ensure your iPhone is up-to-date and that your Watch and iPhone are connected to WiFi.
1. Keep your Apple Watch charged up and charge it until you receive any updates.
2. Open the Watch app for your iPhone and click on the My Watch tab.
3. Tap General and then Software Update. A red number will appear next to Software Update if an update is available.
4. If no updates are available, you will see the text. Your software has been updated and requires no further action. If there is an update, tap Install Now. Enter your Apple Watch or iPhone passcode to continue.
5. On the Watch face, a progress wheel will be displayed. During the update, keep the Apple Watch plugged into the charger. Do not turn off your iPhone or Apple Watch during the update or close the Watch app.
Once the update is completed, your Apple Watch will automatically reboot.
How to Troubleshoot An Apple Watch That Won’t Update
First, ensure that your Watch or iPhone isn’t too outdated to be updated. WatchOS 8, the latest Apple Watch software, cannot be installed on Apple Watch Series 3 or older, with an iPhone 6s or later and iOS 14 installed.
These steps can troubleshoot an Apple Watch if you are certain that the iPhone and Watch are compatible.
1. Connect your Apple Watch to WiFi and charge it.
2. Restart your Apple Watch
3. To restart the iPhone paired with Apple Watch, press and hold the Sleep/Wake key until the slide to turn off bar appears. Drag the power button along the slider. Hold the Sleep/Wake key to turn your iPhone on.
4. These steps will help you update your Apple Watch.
Some relevant posts:
- Apple Watch 6 Vs SE: Top Full Comparison 
- Fit Bit Vs Apple Watch 2022: Top Full Guide
- How To Unpair Apple Watch 2022: Top Full Options
- How To Use Walkie Talkie On Apple Watch: Top Full Guide 2022
Why can’t I update my Apple Watch?
Open the Watch app on the iPhone and tap General > Usage > Update to stop the update from starting. Once you have deleted the file, download and install watchOS again. If you get the error message “Cannot install update” when updating Apple Watch, here’s what to do.
Is Apple Watch Series 1 still supported?
Apple discontinued both Series 1 & 2, but WatchOS updates support them.
Does Apple Watch 3 still get updates?
Although the Apple Watch Series 3 can still be updated to the WatchOS 8 operating software, installing that update might prove more difficult than necessary.
How long will the Apple Watch Series 3 be supported?
The Apple Watch Series 3 was first introduced in September 2017. This new version of watchOS will continue to support it, despite speculations that it may not be supported.
Updating your Apple Watch is a quick and easy way to keep it running smoothly. Plus, it’s a great way to get the latest features and bug fixes. It ensures that you have the latest features and security patches, but it also helps your Watch run more smoothly.